As the Northeast gets hit with a record setting blizzard, Global Benefit Coffee thought it would be a great idea to give everyone something to enjoy while they’re stuck indoors. Here is our latest recipe:
Swirled Cheesecake Brownies
• 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
• ¼ cup of sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon nonfat plain yogurt
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2/3 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
• ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 2 large egg whites
• 1 ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
• ¼ cup canola oil
• ¼ cup Gorilla in the Mist coffee(or for a stronger taste use ¼ cup of Lion’s Dark Roast)
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 7-by-11-inch brownie pan or baking pan with cooking spray.
2. To prepare topping: Place cream cheese in a small mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and beat until smooth. Add egg, flour, yogurt and vanilla; beat until well blended.
3. To prepare brownie layer: Whisk whole-wheat flour, cocoa and salt in a bowl. Place egg, egg whites and brown sugar in a large bowl and beat with the electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add oil, Global Benefit coffee and vanilla; beat until well blended. Add the dry ingredients and beat on low speed just until well blended, stopping once to scrape down the sides.
4. Scrape about half of the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Slowly pour the topping evenly on top. Drop the remaining brownie batter in large dollops over the topping. Draw the tip of a sharp knife or skewer through the two batters to create a swirled effect.
5. Bake the brownies until the top is just firm to the touch, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Once cooled, cut them up and Enjoy!